Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Moneyball or Sad Excuse?

            Last night I finally had the chance to watch the movie my sister and brother-in-law raved about. I was excited because if they think a movie is good, it must be good. As the beginning started I thought this better be good.
            Baseball is my favorite sport to watch because I understand it and it is my dad’s favorite sport, thus it is always on the T.V. There are a good amount of movies that talk about true sport stories. I found myself wondering if this movie would reach the bar of the movie The Blindside or Angles in the Outfield, but by the end of the movie I found myself wondering if that was it. There was no great climax, you could only find one memorable character (the best character was his daughter and all she did was sing a cute song), and you never picked the side you wanted to win. It left you not believing in the team or the movie. If you keep looking at the clock during a movie, you know it's bad. I kept wondering how long the movie could possibly be. If it is a bad movie an hour and twenty five minutes will suffice so you can rate it a "D" movie instead of an "F" movie. It didn't help that this movie was longer than two hours. If you cried in this movie it was because the popcorn smell was too strong. I think it is suffice to say don’t expect a great movie. Maybe if you expect a bad movie it will seem like a better.

No comments:

Post a Comment